Introducing Geodesignhub Training and Certification

Hi Community,
I am planning to introduce a new training and certification program in Q1 2019 so that you can get trained and certified to run your own projects using Geodesignhub. A number of people have said to me that they would like to get trained. The thinking is at very early stages and I have put together a basic curriculum on our new learning page.

What do you think? What would you like to see? Would be interested in a certification from us so that you can get trained and run your own projects?

I am looking for comments and feedback and how / if something like this will help you, companies or institutions that you work with.

Hrishi

4 Likes

I think, itĀ“s a very good idea and IĀ“m happy to contribute to the learning materials. I could provide a short lecture and I am happy to share the materials from our DLA workshop, e.g. snippets from the workshop video.

Sound like a good idea @hrishiballal. Certification, while not a priority would be useful, if nothing else it would set a standard. The content looks fine but I am sure different training needs may arise as time goes by

Hi Both,
Thank you for the comments and feedback, let me address it one by one.

I am thinking of developing a ā€œpublicā€ training and a ā€œprivateā€ training. Public training will be delivered online initially and we will take a case study approach to train people on the software and different commands. @oschroth: Thanks for the kind offer, yes this is where we could potentially use materials from the case study, let us discuss these in the New Year. The online public training will be available for anyone from anywhere and will be at a fixed date / time and will repeat over the course of a year.

The private training is for organizations who want to get trained using their projects and can be delivered in person or online depending on the requirements.

@Bejoy: I think that certification is important since this means that you know everything that is there to know about the software capabilities. It will be run by a third party certification service. I think that it will take time and I expect it to start by the Q2 2019.

Let me know what else would you like to see?

1 Like