In the Administration / Project homepage, click on the “Manage Systems” panel link.
A panel should open that displays the system card and all the systems currently in the project.
Click on “Add a system” link and a popup window should appear.
Select a system tag. System tags are used in the cost model inbuilt in the system; you can use your own cost model via the API.
There are four types of systems and some examples are given below:
- Paved e.g. Roads, Transport
- Porous e.g. Agriculture, Forestry
- Small Building e.g. Low density housing
- Large Building e.g. Industry, Commerce
- Policy e.g. a law or regulation
Choosing the system type will impact the cost models. There is also a way to override the cost per diagram.
- Finally, give your system a name; usually an acronym is recommended. Once it is added, press the “Add System” button and the system will be added to the project.